Friday, November 20, 2020

Book Nook: Mom vs. Dad - The Not-So-Serious Guide to the Stuff We're All Fighting About

 I recently had a chance to review  Mom vsDad: The Not-So-Serious Guide to the Stuff We’re All Fighting About. Written by Lucy and Tom Riles, the hilarious husband and wife team behind the massive online communities “Life of Mom” and “Life of Dad,” this book is packed with sidesplitting and vulnerable personal essays from the trenches of marriage and parenthood.

I will admit, I saw a lot of my husband and myself in this book. I'm pretty sure that's the point. Most parents have differences of opinions with their spouses, sometimes trivial, sometimes important. It can often be a source of conflict in the household, with neither person willing to back down. That's what makes this book so relatable - nearly everyone has had a difference of opinion with the other person parenting their kids at some point. Even single parents might empathize with this back-and-forth if they share child-raising duties with another family member or other person in a caregiver role.

I enjoyed reading this book. It feels really nice to know that my husband and I aren't the only ones that sometimes quibble over small things, but in the end we know that the other parent really has the kids' best interests in mind, and different approaches aren't always wrong.

I enjoyed reading this book. It's a great book for any parent, particularly those who don't see eye-to-eye with the other person sharing child-rearing duties (and honestly isn't that most of us?).

No comments:

Post a Comment