Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Book Nook: Creative Keepsakes


I recently had the chance to review a few titles from the Creative Keepsakes series. These are great little books full of prompts on a variety of topics.

The nice thing with these journals is that they are themed, but still very wide open. They allow for humor, self-searching, thought-provoking prompts, artful expression, reflection on heritage, and more. The quality of the books is good - they're comfortable to write in and have a nice solid feel to the paper, which makes the writing (or drawing) experience more enjoyable. 

My middle school daughter loved the Create Comics title, since she's into superheroes and art and adventure stories. It gave her plenty of room to imagine all sorts of scenarios for a heroine who plays out things she can't do in the real world. My older middle school daughter really likes the Complete the Drawing because she also prefers drawing over writing.


There are a lot of other awesome titles, though. Some encourage family bonding, like My Grandmother's Life, Mom and Me Journal, and more. Others pose interesting questions or encourage a bit of memoir-style writing.


Click here to view the full Creative Keepsakes series, including: 3,001 Questions All About Me, 301 Things to Draw, Create Comics: A Sketchbook, Inner Me, Internet Password Book, My Father's Life, My Grandmother's Life, My Life Story, My Mother's Life, 3,001 This or That Questions, My Grandfather's Life, Create the Poem, Complete the Drawing Journal, Mom and Me Journal, Why I Love You Journal, Create the Story, and Destroy & Design.

No comments:

Post a Comment