Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Book Nook: Fabulous Female Firsts


March is Women's History Month, so it's a great time to think about books that help celebrate amazing women throughout history. I recently got to see a copy of Fabulous Female Firsts and was amazed at what I didn't know about amazing female trailblazers.

What surprised me most reading this book was how recent some of the entries were - either because women were finally being honored for contributions made decades prior, or because there are still so many firsts left (I have one daughter who wants to be the first female president, but I have a feeling that will happen before she's old enough). 

The book was well-written and provided clear mini-biographies of many women, some of which I had heard about before, but many of which were new to me, which made the book that much more enjoyable. The writing style was a little dry for my younger daughter, but my older daughter thought it was perfect because there wasn't a ton of "fluff," just important details about the stories. I have a feeling my younger daughter will appreciate it more as she gets a little older.

If you're looking for a way to supplement history education, celebrate amazing women, or just learn more about lesser-known figures, this is a great book.

No comments:

Post a Comment