Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Website Spotlight: TakeLessons Live

I recently had a chance to previewTakeLessons Live which is designed to be a really affordable, convenient way to take lessons in foreign language, music, or academic subjects.

The site's interface is easy to use. They have a wide variety of options - lots of instruments, lots of languages, quite a few subjects available for tutoring. You can do lessons online, and they also have an option for matching up local students and teachers for in-home lessons (student home or teacher home).

Personally, I do teach lessons (just on my own) and I teach both in my home and online. I know that there are ways to minimize Covid-19 concerns for in-person lessons, and I also have had very productive lessons online. I'm also an online academic teacher for foreign language and math, so I know that it can be very effective.

If you're wondering how online lessons can be as effective as (or in some cases more effective than), a lot depends on what you put into it. You can still get questions answered, you can still interact with the teacher, and sometimes, it's less intimidating to try things when you aren't face-to-face! I've had math students who will work with me better online than they do when we're together - even if it's the same kid.

If you're preparing for a vacation, reviewing for a test, getting supplemental help for a skill, or just want to stretch your brain and stave off boredom, you're bound to find something you're interested in on the website.

No comments:

Post a Comment