Saturday, June 25, 2022

Book Nook: Dig Here

 If you have kids who like pirates, they'll get a kick out of Dig Here by David Miles (illustrated by Olga Zakharova). It's a beautiful, richly colored book about a pirate who just can't quite get it right when looking for his treasure of gold and gems. The first half of the book has a fun cut-out series to let readers see a peek of the next page, and then in the second half of the book, the pirate continues along his search before returning home to a surprise.

I was going to share my own pictures of it, but we had a family friend who likes pirates so much that the book was hers before I had a chance! So I'll share this picture of probably my favorite page - I can just picture the dejected pirate saying dryly "that didn't help" in probably the same tone of voice I used to use on my kids all the time when they were less than helpful.


Find the book if you have kids in your life who enjoy pirates - or just funny stories!


No comments:

Post a Comment