Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Birthday Savings

As the oldest sister, it's my responsibility to take care of holiday presents. This year, for my brother, we're getting him seasons 1-5 of Andromeda. My dad wants the Harry Potter movies. We did pretty well - list price for Andromeda is 169.98 and we're getting it from Wal-Mart for 84.86. The boxed set of Harry Potter DVDs 1-5 is 119.97. Individually, each DVD is 28.98. The rollback price? $9 for the first 3 and $13 for the next 3, which brings all 5 movies to $53. So instead of 289.95 or 314.88 (if we got the HP movies separately), we're paying 137.86, a savings of 52% - and getting brand-new movies, not trying to take our chances with used copies from Amazon or Half.com.

In addition to that, I'm earning 3% on this transaction, or $4.14 (every little bit helps!). I'm earning this through the cashback shopping at SnapDollars. (If you're interested in joining, please ask me for my referral link). I am a member of several cashback programs, and it pays to shop around, since each program offers different amounts for different stores. I checked Inbox Dollars, GroBux, Ebates, and Big Crumbs, and SnapDollars won out (feel free to ask me for the referral links for any of those).

No comments:

Post a Comment