Thursday, May 28, 2009

Consumer Critique: Pocket Dots

I don't know if any of you have ever heard of Pocket Dots, but I recently got a pair that I'd love to let you know about. It was perfect timing, too, since I'm at the stage where my pre-pregnancy pants just barely don't fit.

Maternity bands/belly bands can be great, for helping you wear pre-pregnancy clothes a little longer, or for covering any gap between tops and bottoms due to your growing belly. But sometimes they slip, especially in the back, and this can create a gap there. Pocket Dots fixes that. For any pants that have pockets, you can clip one end into the pocket and the other end onto the maternity band to hold it in place. The pocket dots are tiny, about the size of a nickel, and come in black or nude, so they blend in well with most outfits.

Pocket Dots were created by a mom frustrated with the slipping of maternity bands. I feel that if you use maternity bands, these are a great product to have to help keep them in place. They are $9 a pair, and are well-made so they would hold up through several pregnancies. I haven't seen them in any retail store, but it's possible you could find them in specialty stores. However, you can buy them directly from the pocket dots website.

No comments:

Post a Comment