The World Almanac® and Book of Facts 2016, available in print and as an eBook for all platforms is the latest edition of America’s best-selling reference book with thousands of facts that are unavailable publicly elsewhere.
New features include “U.S. Immigration: A Statistical Feature,” covering the historical background, statistics, and legal issues surrounding immigration; “World Almanac® Editors’ Picks: Most Memorable Super Bowls,” in which the editors revisit the most unforgettable “big games;” as well as brand-new employment statistics and a 2016 election guide. Making their return are the popular sections “Year in Sports,” “Top 10 News Topics,” “The World at a Glance,” and “Time Capsule.”
Highlights from The World Almanac® and Book of Facts 2016 include:
- 2016 Election Guide: With a historic number of contenders for the presidential nominations,The World Almanac® provides information that every primary- and general-election voter will need to make an informed decision, including information on state primaries, campaign fundraising, and the issues voters care about most in 2016.
- New Employment Statistics: Five years after the peak of the great recession, The World Almanac® takes a look at current and historic data on employment and unemployment, industries generating job growth, and the training and educational paths that lead to careers.
- The Year in Review: The World Almanac® takes a look back at 2015 while providing all the information you’ll need in 2016.
- 2015—Year in Pictures: Striking full-color images from around the world in 2015, covering news, entertainment, science, and sports.
- 2015—Offbeat News Stories: The World Almanac® editors highlight some of the strangest news stories of the year.
My daughter loves this book. We got a chance to review it and it is already dog-eared from her looking through it so much. She's a little young to really get parts of it, like the election guide or employment; and she doesn't care so much about the year in sports or memorable Super Bowls. However, she loves the year in pictures, she keeps telling us about the offbeat news stories, and she's mesmerized by pretty much anything even remotely science-related in the book. It's well worth getting, with the sheer amount of information that can be gleaned from what it contains!
About The World Almanac®
The World Almanac®'s history as a publisher of award-winning reference titles dates back more than 140 years. The imprint includes the iconic title The World Almanac® and Book of Facts, the best-selling American reference book of all time.
The World Almanac® brand is part of Infobase Holdings (www.infobaseholdings.com), an educational media company that owns such well-known brands as Facts On File, Films Media Group, Chelsea House, Bloom's, and Ferguson’s. Infobase is a portfolio company investment of Veronis Suhler Stevenson (), a private equity firm that invests in the media, information, and education industries.