Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Consumer Critique: Milestone Pod

Are you a runner? Do you want an easy way to track your runs to help set goals for improvement - or just for bragging rights? MilestonePod provides an easy way to pair a foot worn device with an app for iOS or Android. The device, which I got to review, is just $24.95, and can help track much more than just distance. It's able to track cadence, stride length, ground contact, leg swing, foot strike, and distance.

I was actually amazed at everything this tiny device can measure. For serious runners, knowing the rhythm and length of strides can help track efficiency of running. It's also helpful to adjust running to help minimize energy for people who are running a lot. Of course, distance is always helpful as well, but that's not as unique to this device.

It was very easy to set up the app and use the device. It was also really interesting to find out how I run naturally, as a non-serious runner. Even though I don't love running, I am a little more motivated to go out a little more often to see how my stats change.

No comments:

Post a Comment