Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Book Nook: Mind=Blown


Matt Santoro hosts a Youtube channel with 5 million dedicated subscribers, and his videos have been viewed more than half a billion times. He is best known for his top-ten lists of strange and surprising facts and his popular series “50 Things to Blow Your Mind.”

I recently had a chance to review his new book,  Mind = Blown: Amazing Facts About This Weird, Hilarious, Insane World. It starts by explaining how his story began - as an accountant and unemployed videographer - and brought him to the success of his Youtube channel and the 2015 Shorty Awards “YouTube Star of the Year,” along with the 2015 Hubub #AcademySocialAward.

The book has a ton of great facts. I loved reading it. My family and I love trivia, and this book had lots of it! Some of the facts inspired me to do my own research and learn more about the topic, some of them were just intriguing little tidbits to be able to pull out during a lull in conversation. As a teacher who loves the idea of lifelong learning, this is a great book to keep everyone curious! There are facts about nearly everything - sports, history, science, and more. Well over half of the facts were things I had absolutely no idea about, and very few facts were things I knew. It's a great book to take on a road trip or anytime you want an entertaining, yet informative, book to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment