Monday, November 15, 2021

Consumer Critique: Geomag Mechanics Loops & Turns

 I homeschool my kids, and I'm a math teacher, so I'm always on the lookout for fun ways to teach STEM concepts, especially if it's something they'll explore on their own. I was happy to review Geomag Mechanics. The set I got focuses on gravity with loops and turns.

The set uses gravity and magnetism to create motion - no batteries required. By playing with this set, building fun creations, kids will get to explore cause and effect and basic physics concepts like inertia and gravity. It's designed for children eight and older, and both my 7th and 9th graders enjoyed it. My 7th grader enjoyed it even more but she loves building toys in general more than her sister. I love that the set is made from recycled plastic, and that there are a lot of pieces - which means more creative options.

You can purchase the set at a variety of retailers, including Fat Brain Toys.



No comments:

Post a Comment