Thursday, November 14, 2019

Soul Sustenance: Breathwork

Professional breathwork coach Lauren Chelec Cafritz has the perfect solution for those seeking emotional liberation, physical wellness, and mental well-being this fall in her new book, Breath LOVE.

This book brings breathwork to everyone in an accessible way so they can "breathe like it's summer,” relax, and hold on to that carefree feeling as fall begins. Part memoir, part inspiration, part instruction, Lauren Chelec Cafritz empowers people to see that anything is possible when they connect to their breath.

Can you explain a little bit about what breathwork is?
Breathwork is conscious breathing to promote wellness, and I have seen it help so many people! Breathwork has many benefits. It brings emotional healing, physical health, and life transformation. Breathwork will help you become clear and grounded in decision making. It helps heal relationships. Breathwork helps people connect to their authentic self and empowers them to embrace change and transitions in their lives. It opens them to love themselves unconditionally.

Why is it so important to pay attention to our breath?
The breath does so many things for you when you pay attention to it. It’s the calm in the storm. It connects you to your intuition and your inner wisdom. It brings healing. It lets you know that everything is going to be okay. 

Breath is like your best friend – it’s powerful and it’s a friend who is with you for your whole life. Kids have said to me that it’s the medicine for their tummy aches. People who suffer migraines tell me it allows them to feel less anxious when their headaches come on. Recent studies have shown that the breath affects how well the spinal fluid flows through the brain, helps control mood, and triggers a relaxation response that benefits us physically and mentally.

Breathwork is the next wave of self-healing following yoga, and it helps people transform their lives.

Why did you write this book?
Breath LOVE is ultimately about empowerment and self-love. The way you breathe is how you live your life. I wanted to mainstream breathwork and share everything I know about it in a way that is easily accessible. I want anyone to be able to pick up Breath LOVE and want to breathe. I meet a lot of people who can’t get to a breathing group or workshop. I have others who say: I wish I could take you with me so you could give me a breath session everyday. This book is my way of offering that extra support they might need. My hope is that people understand that breathwork helps them embrace change and live courageously and fully.

No comments:

Post a Comment