Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Consumer Critique: Betterine

I enjoy baking, and often I'm in a situation where I need to bake something without dairy or another ingredient to avoid allergies or other dietary concerns. I was happy at the chance to review Betterine, a butter swap that is 100% vegan that measures and behaves like butter, but is non-dairy, OU Kosher, and non-GMO.

It only uses four ingredients: coconut oil, water, soy lecithin, and arrowroot. It had a texture and melting point very similar to butter, so everything I tried using it with - baking, in place of butter for meals, and cooking - meant that the recipes turned out just as I expected.

It might be hard to find, depending on your market - the only place in the Twin Cities metro area is Weinbers Brothers in St Louis Park - but in other areas (especially NYC) it is more available.

If you're looking for a Kosher non-dairy butter alternative, Betterine can provide an excellent option!

No comments:

Post a Comment