Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Music Minute: Jennifer Saran and Narada Michael Walden - Christmas in a Bubble

 


Written with Jennifer Saran's creative partner and producer, Grammy and Emmy winner Narada Michael Walden (Aretha Franklin, Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey), “Christmas in a Bubble” is a transporting musical gift for the holiday season that conveys a heartfelt and timely message of unity and grace.

Steam/download “Christmas in a Bubble” HERE.
 
Watch the music video HERE.

“Christmas in a Bubble” unfolds very much like a yuletide dream. Walden’s impeccable and expansive arrangement features elegant guitar playing by Brazilian six-string star Jose Neto. Over a lush rhythm bed, Walden and Justus Dobrin team brilliantly on piano – at times, their vibrant, twinkling melodies seem to take flight. “When I heard Jennifer’s title, I was inspired to write chord changes and melodies that flew around like bubbles in a snow globe,” Walden says. “It was like my heart just opened up, and I let the spirit of Christmas move my heart.”

For Walden, writing Christmas music with Saran allows him to express his warm feelings of the holiday season. “There’s beauty in the air around this time,” he says. “You can say hi to people on the street, say hi to your neighbors – there’s a lightness around everybody.” The superstar producer, who began his professional career drumming for the influential jazz fusion band Mahavishnu Orchestra, reveals another important aspect to Christmastime: “It celebrates the start of my musical adventure. When I was a kid, Santa brought me a set of toy drums. They were made of paper, and I destroyed them in 20 minutes. That’s what hooked me on music, seeing how happy my parents and grandparents were. I want to keep that feeling going.”

No comments:

Post a Comment